Bampton Legal is committed to high quality legal advice and client care.
If you are unhappy about any aspect of the service you receive, including the firms bill, you are entitled to complain. This firm has a complaints procedure (which is outlined below), however please raise your concerns with the person dealing with your matter in the first instance. If that does not resolve the problem or you would prefer not to speak to that person then please contact this firm’s client care officer who is Esmond Jenkins by telephone on, 01993 852222, by post at this office or via email at email@example.com
This is the procedure which we will follow should you have a complaint about the way we have acted for you.
1. A complaint is an oral or written expression of dissatisfaction which alleges that the complainant has suffered (or may suffer) financial loss, distress, inconvenience, or detriment.
2. We are anxious to resolve any complaint you have about the service we have given you as quickly as possible. If you are unable to sort things out with the person who has been dealing with you, please contact our client care officer.
3. Once we have received your complaint, our client care officer, Mr Esmond Jenkins, will write to you within 7 days to explain how your complaint will be investigated if a complete response to your complaint has not been made by that time. You will be told the latest date by which a complete answer will be given to your complaint (this should be not more than 28 days after we received your complaint). If you have made the complaint verbally - either at a meeting or on the telephone - we will set out in our full response our understanding of the nature of your complaint.
4. The assessment of the complaint will be based upon a sufficient and impartial investigation. We will explain in writing our findings and, where the complaint is upheld, will offer remedial action or redress. This will be dealt with promptly.
5. If after following the review process you remain dissatisfied with any aspect of our handling of your complaint, you may contact directly the Legal Ombudsman to ask them to consider the complaint further:
Telephone: 0300 555 0333
PO Box 6806
Unless it agrees there are good reasons not to do so, the Legal Ombudsman will expect you to allow us to consider and respond to your complaint in accordance with the procedure set out above in the first instance. You can refer your complaint up to 6 months after you have received our final written response to your complaint. You can also use the Ombudsman service if we have not resolved your complaint within 8 weeks of us receiving it. A complaint can be referred to the Legal Ombudsman up to six years from the date of the act or omission or up to 3 years after discovering a problem. The ombudsman deals with serviceComplaints Procedure Bampton Legal is the trading name of BL Convey Limited registered in England (Company Number 8512439) Regulated by the Council for Licensed Conveyancers (Licence Number 11132) related complaints; any conduct-related complaints will be referred to the Council for Licensed Conveyancers.
6. Alternative complaints bodies (such as: Ombudsman Services [www.ombudsman-services.org], ProMediate [www.promediate.co.uk] and ADR Group [www.adrgroup.co.uk]) exist which are competent to deal with complaints about legal services should both you and our firm wish to use such a scheme.
7. We are governed by the CLC, details of which can be found below:
Council for Licensed Conveyancers
WeWork 131 Finsbury Pavement
London EC2A 1NT
Telephone: 020 3859 0904
DX 42615 Cheapside
Clanfield House Market Square Bampton Oxfordshire OX18 2JJ
Bampton Legal is the trading name of BL Convey Limited registered in England (Company Number 8512439).
Regulated by the Council for Licensed Conveyancers (Licence Number 11132).
Copyright © 2023 Bampton Legal - All Rights Reserved.